MISERICORDIA, Got Profiled


I was LWS-ing (Last Word Syndrome) on the Spanish word "Misericordia" over the weekend as I attended the thanksgiving celebration by Members Church of God International.

The first time I encountered MISERICORDIA, was from a Spanish Bible verse read for the Hermanos and Hermanas.

Though the event is already over, the word is stuck in my mind and floods my Facebook news feed.

So, I googled it out of curiosity for details and according to good 'ol Mr. Webster, MISERICORDIA is a noun originating from medieval Latin meaning mercy and compassion.

In Spanish it also means MERCY.

MISERICORDIA is such a word full of HOPE. Indeed. I feel it.

Actually, when you take the Wikipedia entry of the word, it has a compilation of the following establishments
relating to health care and education.

- Misericordia Community Hospital in Edmonton, Canada
- Misericordia Health Centre, Winnipeg, Canada
- Misericordia Home, Chicago, Illinois
- Misericordia University, Dallas, Pennsylvania, USA
- Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland

For newly-weds, you might want to include MISERICORDIA (Mercy) to your baby name choices along with the common Spanish names EZPERANZA (Hope), AMOR (Love) and FE (Faith).

RBL.





Comments